Friday, September 18, 2009

Is race more powerful than political beliefs?

I came across the article, "Race and politics in the age of Obama," on CNN, inreference to ex-president Jimmy Carter's comments about President Obama's race. Carter is not alone when he stated that some Americans believe that Obama is in office due to his race and not his political beliefs. Since we have our first African American President there are some people that feel that he has excelled further than past presidents, but without the respect his position deserves. America has changed drastically over the past centuries but it is sad to say that racism still exists. Race is something that we all deal with on adaily basis regardless of our skin color. There are people who are racist and don’t even know it. This is one of the many articles available on this topic; it gave me something to think about.

1 comment:

Stephanie Aviles said...

Marsha writes about an article she came across about how racism still exits even after we have an African American president. Okay first of all he did win because of his race he used that t his great advantage and everyone saw that I mean what was his slogan? "It's time for change" everyone thought it was that he was going to end the war ha! he extended it, the change was that he was going to be the first African American president. And I don't see myself as a racist person, I mean am a minority being I am hispanic, but I just have never believed a single word Obama has said. I havent seen him tryung to help any racism that might still exist in out country.